Saturday, January 28, 2012

Progress...

I cant believe I am already at the end of day 7.  It seems like this week has just flown by.  The first two days were rough, I'm not gonna lie, but after that it just seemed to come easier.  On day 6 I decided since I did five days juice only, I wanted to transition my fast to juice for breakfast, lunch and snack, and then eating a raw/healthy meal for dinner.  I know, I know, your thinking I'm just making excuses to eat again.  Really, I love eating, but this isn't an excuse.  I've already lost half of the weight I'm looking to lose in this fast, plus I just feel fantastic.  I think its about what you eat, not when you eat.  The dinners I will be eating for the next 23 days will only be raw or healthy foods.  No processed.  No fast food.  No sugars.  Just the healthy stuff, which believe it or not is what I want to eat.  All that other stuff, minus the sugar ;), doesn't sound good.  At all.  Plus on a great note....Ive lost 12 lbs!!!  So excited!!

Ok, so for dinner tonight I made a Creamed Avocado and Lime Chilled Veggie Pasta.  It was DELICIOUS! 


Now, I know your all dying for the recipe....so here it is!

Creamed Avocado and Lime Chilled Veggie Pasta

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2cup dry shell organic whole wheat pasta or short pasta of your choice (I used a vegetable pasta)
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1 1/2Tbsp lime juice
  • 3Tbsp fat free mayonnaise (I only used 1 because the avocado is creamy enough)
  • 1tsp garlic paste
  •  sea salt & pepper
  • chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno for garnish
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain well, set aside to cool.
  2. Peel avocado and remove the pit. Put it in a food processor together with chopped cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise and garlic paste. Blend it until it’s creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in a refrigerator if you have time.)
  3. Transfer the avocado sauce to a medium sized bowl. Add cooked pasta and toss them well. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno on top.
Notes
You can use chopped jalapeno on top for garnish but you can also put jalapeno in a food processor to blend in the sauce for spiciness.

I hope what I'm typing reaches you and motivates you in some way.  Even if its just one person, its worth it.....as I sign out, Cheers to being healthy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so delicious, I'm making this tomorrow for dinner...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete